Subhman Gill Biography:- Shubman Gill is an Indian cricketer who was born on September 8, 1999, in Fazilka, Punjab. He is a right-handed batsman and occasional right-arm off-break bowler who has represented India at both the Under-19 and senior levels. He made his debut for the India Under-19 team in 2017 and played a key role in their victorious campaign at the 2018 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
Subhman Gill Biography
- 1 Subhman Gill Biography
- 2 Subhman Gill Profile Overview
- 3 Shubhman Gill Personal Details
- 4 Cricket Carrier
- 5 Net Worth
- 6 How he got Interested In cricket?
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 FAQs
Shubman Gill is a young and talented cricketer who hails from Punjab, India. He made his debut for the Indian cricket team in 2019 and has since then become a regular feature in the squad. Shubman is known for his impressive batting skills and has already made a mark in the world of cricket at a young age.
He is considered one of the most promising young cricketers in India, with his technique, composure, and strokeplay drawing comparisons to Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar. He has also been praised for his ability to adapt to different formats of the game and for his solid performances in high-pressure situations. This article aims to provide an in-depth look at the life, career, and net worth of Shubman Gill. The article will cover his early life, his cricketing journey, his lifestyle, his favorite things, and his net worth.
Subhman Gill Profile Overview
|Name of the Article||Subhman Gill Biography|
|Subhman Gill Biography||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Also Check: Rohit Sharma Biography
Shubhman Gill Personal Details
Shubman Gill was born on September 8, 1999, in Fazilka, a small town in Punjab, India. His father Lakhwinder Singh was a landlord and his mother Keerat Gill is a homemaker. He belongs to a Punjabi family.
|Full name||Shubman Gill|
|Date of birth||September 8, 1999|
|Place of birth||Firozpur, Punjab, India|
|Bowling style||Right-arm off-break|
|Domestic teams||Punjab, Kolkata Knight Riders|
|Test debut||December 26, 2020 vs Australia|
|ODI debut||January 31, 2019 vs New Zealand|
|T20I debut||November 4, 2018 vs West Indies|
|Highest score in Tests||91|
|Highest score in ODIs||33|
|Highest score in T20Is||54*|
|Test matches played||8|
|Test runs scored||378|
|Test batting average||31.50|
|ODI matches played||2|
|ODI runs scored||35|
|ODI batting average||17.50|
|T20I matches played||4|
|T20I runs scored||89|
|T20I batting average||44.50|
|IPL matches played||52|
|IPL runs scored||1443|
|IPL batting average||31.76|
|IPL highest score||76|
|IPL teams played for||Kolkata Knight Riders|
Childhood and early education: Shubman Gill spent his early years in Fazilka and completed his early education from Manav Mangal Smart School in Mohali, Punjab. Growing up, he was interested in sports and played various games like football, hockey, and cricket.
Introduction to cricket: Shubman Gill was introduced to cricket at a very young age by his father who used to play club cricket. Gill was fascinated by the sport and started playing cricket with his elder brother and friends. He initially played with a tennis ball and later moved on to a hard cricket ball. His father recognized his potential and started coaching him at a local academy. Gill’s talent soon caught the attention of the cricket community in Punjab.
Body Measurement and Age Stats:
|Age (as of 2023)||23 years|
|Height||in centimeters: 178 cm
in meter: 1.78 m
in feet Inches: 5’10” inch
|Weight in kilogram||65 kg|
|Weight in pounds||143 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Shubman Gill Family Members & Their Relationship:
|Parents||Father: Lakhwinder Singh (Agriculturist)
Mother: Kirat Gill
|Siblings||Sister: Shahneel Kaur Gill (Elder)
|Girlfriend / Affairs With||Sara Tendulkar (Sachin Tendulkar’s Daughter)|
|Ideal Cricket Player||Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli|
|Food Habit||Veg & Non-Veg|
|Favorite IPL Team||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|Favorite Player||Sachin Tendulkar & MS Dhoni|
|Favorite Destination||Goa, Manali & Europe|
- Early days Shubman Gill started playing cricket at a young age and was coached by his father in his early days. He started playing in local matches and tournaments and gradually made his way to the Punjab Under-16 team.
- Rise to prominence in domestic cricket Gill’s talent soon caught the attention of the cricket fraternity, and he was selected for the India Under-19 team. He made his debut for the Punjab Ranji Trophy team in 2017 and was named the vice-captain for the team in the 2018-19 season.
- Key performances in domestic tournaments Gill’s performance in the domestic circuit was impressive, and he played a crucial role in helping Punjab win the Vijay Hazare Trophy in 2018-19. He was the leading run-scorer for Punjab in the tournament, scoring 418 runs in 9 matches.
- Debut for Indian national team Shubman Gill made his debut for the Indian national cricket team in January 2020 in a Test match against Australia. He made his ODI debut a few days later in the same series.
- Performance in international matches Gill’s international career got off to a slow start, but he showed glimpses of his potential in the Test series against Australia in 2020-21. He played a crucial role in India’s historic win in the Gabba Test and scored his maiden Test fifty in the same match. He was also a part of the Indian team that won the Test series against England in 2021.
- Records and milestones achieved Gill became the youngest Indian cricketer to score a first-class double century in November 2019. He also holds the record for the highest individual score by an Indian batsman in the Youth ODI World Cup, scoring 372 runs in 6 matches in the 2018 edition of the tournament.
Record of Shubman Gill
Shubman Gill’s biography is inspiring for youths because he set several records in his cricketing career. In his first series, he scored 330 runs in five matches, setting a record. He also scored more than 200 runs in a match at the state level for Under-16 Punjab and 351 runs in the District level Under-16 Punjab cricket tournament. He holds the world record for a 587-run opening partnership. Additionally, he became the fourth youngest Punjab state cricketer to score a first-class century in the Ranji Trophy and the youngest cricketer to score 200 runs in an international match.
Social Media Account
|Shubman Gill (2.5m+ followers)|
|@shubmangill (2.7m+ followers)|
|@ShubmanGill (1m+ followers)|
|Mobile Number||Not known|
Check Also–Virat Kohli Biography
|Salary||Approx ₹23 lakh – ₹30 lakh per month|
|Car||Range Rover & Mahindra Thar|
|Total Net Worth||₹7.5 crores|
Also Read –Kl Rahul Biography &Career
How he got Interested In cricket?
Subhman Gill’s interest in cricket began at a very young age. He was born in Firozpur, Punjab, India, where cricket is a popular sport. His father, Lakhwinder Singh, was also a cricketer and played at the district level. Subhman grew up watching his father play and developed a fascination for the sport.
As a child, Subhman Gill started playing cricket with his friends in the local streets and fields. He was very passionate about the game and would spend hours practicing and honing his skills. His talent was quickly recognized by his coaches, who encouraged him to pursue cricket seriously.
Subhman Gill then started playing at the junior level for Punjab and was eventually selected to play for the India U-19 team. He made his debut for India U-19 in 2017 and played a crucial role in helping India win the U-19 World Cup in 2018. This was a major turning point in his career, and he was soon signed by the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League.
Read Also–Ravindra Jadeja Biography
Shubman Gill is a talented and promising young cricketer from India, who has already made a mark in the cricketing world with his impressive performances. His passion for cricket, hard work, and dedication have been the driving force behind his success. His biography showcases his inspiring journey, from a young boy playing street cricket to becoming a top-notch cricketer at the international level. With several records and achievements to his credit, Shubman Gill’s future in cricket looks bright, and he is sure to continue making waves in the years to come.
What is Shubman Gill's highest score in international cricket?
Shubman Gill's highest score in Tests is 91, in ODIs is 33, and in T20Is is 54*.
What is Shubman Gill's batting style?
Shubman Gill is a right-handed batsman.
How many Test matches has Shubman Gill played for India?
Shubman Gill has played 8 Test matches for India.