Rohit Sharma Biography:- Rohit Sharma is a famous Indian cricketer and the captain of Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League. He’s known for his right-handed batting and occasional right-arm leg-break bowling. Since his debut in 2007, he has broken multiple records, including the highest individual run scorer in One Day International (ODI) cricket with 264 runs against Sri Lanka, and being the first player to score three double centuries in ODIs.
Rohit Sharma Biography
- 1 Rohit Sharma Biography
- 2 Rohit Sharma Profile Overview
- 3 Rohit Sharma Wiki Details
- 4 Legacy and Achievements
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 FAQs
Rohit Sharma is one of the most talented cricketers in the world, known for his aggressive batting style and exceptional leadership skills. He is an Indian cricketer who has established himself as a prominent member of the national team, as well as the captain of the Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
The purpose of this article is to provide a comprehensive biography of Rohit Sharma, covering his early life, career highlights, personal life, lifestyle, favorite things, and net worth. This article will serve as a one-stop-shop for all the information related to Rohit Sharma, allowing readers to get to know the cricketer on a personal and professional level.
Rohit Sharma Profile Overview
|Name of the Article||Rohit Sharma Biography|
|Rohit Sharma Biography||Click Here|
|Date Of Birth||30 April 1987|
Also Check: Nicholas Pooran Wiki Biography
Rohit Sharma Wiki Details
|Parents||Father worked as a caretaker of a transport firm storehouse, mother was a housewife|
|Sibling||Younger brother named Vishal Sharma|
|Spouse||Ritika Sajdeh, friend of six years, married in 2015|
|Children||Daughter named Samaira, born in 2018|
|Full Name||Rohit Gurunath Sharma|
|Close Friends||MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, and Hardik Pandya|
Check Also–Ruturaj Gaikwad Wiki
Height and Weight
Read Also-Mayanti Langer Biography
|Football club||Manchester United|
|Movie||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
|Holiday destination||New York|
|Book||Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi|
|Lifestyle and interests outside of cricket||Rohit Sharma is a fitness enthusiast and regularly works out to maintain his physique. He enjoys traveling and spending time with his family. He is also a big fan of football and supports Manchester United.|
Early Life and Career
|Birthplace and childhood||Rohit Sharma was born on April 30, 1987, in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. He was raised in a middle-class family and started playing cricket at a young age.|
|Early cricketing career and achievements||Rohit Sharma made his debut for the Indian cricket team in June 2007 during the Ireland Tri-Series. However, it was not until 2010 that he became a regular member of the Indian team. He made his Test debut in November 2013 against the West Indies. Rohit has played over 250 international matches for India and has scored over 14,000 runs.|
|Domestic cricket record||Rohit Sharma has a remarkable record in domestic cricket. He made his first-class debut for Mumbai in 2006 and has since then scored over 10,000 runs in the format. He has also played for Deccan Chargers, Mumbai Indians, and India A, and has scored several centuries and half-centuries. In the Indian Premier League (IPL), he has led Mumbai Indians to five titles and is the highest run-scorer in the league’s history.|
Also Check–Rinku Singh Girlfriend
|Debut in International cricket||Rohit Sharma made his debut in One Day International (ODI) cricket against Ireland in 2007. He scored 50 runs in his debut match, which helped India secure a win. His Test debut came in 2013 against the West Indies, and he scored two centuries in his first two matches.|
|Early struggles and breakthrough moments||Rohit Sharma had a slow start to his international career, and he struggled to establish himself in the Indian team. However, he had a breakthrough moment in 2013 when he scored his first double century in an ODI against Australia. He followed it up with two more double centuries in the following years, becoming the first player to achieve the feat.|
|Captaincy tenure||Rohit Sharma has captained the Indian team in limited-overs cricket since 2017. He has led the team to several notable victories, including the Asia Cup in 2018 and the Nidahas Trophy in 2018. He also captained the team in the absence of Virat Kohli during the 2018 Asia Cup, where India remained unbeaten in the tournament.|
All Formet Cricket Career Of Rohit Sharma
|Test Match||ODI Match||T20 Match|
|Double Centuries:1||Double Centuries:3||Half Centuries:20|
|Runs:2141||Runs: 9115||Runs: 2713|
|Average: 46||Average: 49||Average: 31.90|
|Highest score:212||Highest score:264||Highest score:118|
Read Also–Lionel Messi Biography
Legacy and Achievements
Statistics and Records in International Cricket:
Rohit Sharma has been a prolific run-scorer in international cricket across all formats of the game. Here are some of his notable statistics and records:
- As of April 2023, Rohit Sharma has played 223 One Day Internationals (ODIs) for India and scored 9,303 runs at an average of 49.37, including 29 centuries and 43 half-centuries.
- He is the highest individual run-scorer of all time in One Day International (ODI) cricket with 264 runs against Sri Lanka.
- Rohit Sharma is also the first player to score three double centuries in ODIs.
- In Test cricket, Rohit Sharma has played 39 matches for India and scored 2,784 runs at an average of 46.13, including 7 centuries and 13 half-centuries.
- He also holds the record for the highest score by an Indian opener in Test cricket, with 212 runs against South Africa in 2019.
- In T20 Internationals, Rohit Sharma has played 122 matches for India and scored 3,509 runs at an average of 32.83, including 4 centuries and 25 half-centuries.
- Rohit Sharma is also the only player to score four centuries in T20I cricket, which is the most by any player in the format.
Contributions to the Indian cricket team and the sport in general
Rohit Sharma has made significant contributions to the Indian cricket team and the sport in general. Here are some of his notable contributions:
- Rohit Sharma’s consistent performances as a batsman in all formats of the game have helped India win several matches and series, both at home and abroad.
- He played a key role in India’s victory in the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, where he scored two centuries in the tournament, including one in the final against England.
- Rohit Sharma’s captaincy has also been praised by many, particularly in the Indian Premier League (IPL), where he has led the Mumbai Indians to five IPL titles, making them the most successful team in the tournament’s history.
- He has also been involved in several charitable initiatives and campaigns, including supporting the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India Campaign), an initiative launched by the Indian government to promote cleanliness and hygiene.
- Rohit Sharma has also been vocal about the importance of mental health in cricket and has been involved in initiatives to raise awareness about the issue.
- He has been a role model for many young cricketers in India and has inspired them to work hard and achieve their dreams.
List of awards and honors
|Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World||2019|
|ICC ODI Player of the Year||2019|
|Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna||2020|
|ICC Spirit of Cricket Award||2020|
|Wisden India Outstanding Achievement Award||2021|
Net Worth and Brand Endorsements
|Rohit Sharma’s income sources||Rohit Sharma’s primary source of income is his salary as an Indian cricketer. He also earns money from brand endorsements, sponsorships, and appearances.|
|List of brand endorsements and sponsorships||Rohit Sharma has endorsed various brands such as Adidas, Ceat Tyres, Maggi, Relispray, Hublot, Aristocrat, Oppo, and more. In 2020, he signed a 7-year deal with Oakley, a popular eyewear brand.|
|Details on his net worth||As of 2021, Rohit Sharma’s estimated net worth is around $23 million (approximately INR 168 crore). He is one of the highest-paid cricketers in India, and his annual income from brand endorsements is estimated to be around INR 75 crore.|
Rohit Sharma is one of the most talented and successful cricketers in the world. He has made significant contributions to the Indian cricket team and the sport in general, and has inspired many young cricketers with his performances and leadership skills. From his early days in domestic cricket to his current status as one of the top players in the world, Rohit Sharma has proven his worth time and time again with his consistent performances and ability to deliver under pressure.
What is Rohit Sharma's highest score in international cricket?
Rohit Sharma's highest score in international cricket is 264 runs, which he achieved against Sri Lanka in an ODI match played in 2014.
Has Rohit Sharma ever captained the Indian cricket team?
Yes, Rohit Sharma has captained the Indian cricket team in the absence of regular captain Virat Kohli. He has led the team to victory in several matches.
Which IPL team does Rohit Sharma play for?
Rohit Sharma is the captain of Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League (IPL). He has led the team to five IPL titles so far.